Wednesday, March 24, 2010

CALZONE OR SUBMARINE DRESSING


I have not perfected the calzone, but I work on it often to get the ratio of dough to ingredients to liquid. I will post my calzone when it is READY. In the process I came across this little beauty. It just seems to have the perfect balance of oil to vinegar and the spices are a great balance too.
A product of V. Formusa Co. based in Chicago under the brand Marconi, I found it at a grocery-size Italian market. Not sure how widespread it is marketed, but worth looking for or they do have a website. Just go to http://www.marconi-foods.com/. You will also find tons of great products on this site including some standard Italian salad dressings and vinaigrette's. Even when I don't quite achieve the perfection I want in my calzone, the flavor of this makes all the cold cuts I use taste great and all subs are fantastic.
ENJOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts