
This sauce is fabulous..you can make it as spicy as you like by adjusting the red pepper flakes. I believe using San Marzano tomatoes is the key. They are more expensive but they have such a wonderful taste and worth the extra buck per can.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil
1 medium spanish onion chopped
3 cloves garlic diced
2 tbl fresh oregano chopped
2 (28 oz) cans whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup vodka
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
salt, pepper
pasta of your choice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Heat olive oil in a saute pan that you can eventually transfer to the oven covered. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, add red pepper flakes (more if you like it spicy), dried oregano and vodka. Simmer until liquid reduces.
Add tomatoes but reserve juice from cans. Add 2 tsp salt and pinch of pepper. Cover pan and put it in the oven for an hour and a half. Let cool for 20 minutes. Put sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return it to the pot and add heavy cream, fresh oregano and taste to see if it needs salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Serve over pasta of your choice with parmesan cheese.
This is so tasty you will be making it over and over again. ENJOY!
Monday, March 8, 2010
VODKA SAUCE WITH PENNE
Popular Posts
-
Today, the Mai Tai Tahiti the most popular beverage, and has served in all restaurants and bars. Requires careful selection of the tropical...
-
Well I have had a long day.....locked my keys in the car with the car running....so BLONDE. So today I have to give you all an easy recipe ...
-
All this is very simple. Suffice to do was change the same old same old in Margarita Jello shots . its Work. But as Margarita Jello shot wa...
-
You must consider many issues that may not normally high on the list of concerns when buying clothes in a different way! Here are some simpl...
-
This is a take on the traditional grasshopper cocktail with a twist. So rich and creamy with the creme de menthe and white creme de cacao.....
-
I really like scallops prepared this way..my husband not so much...so I generally order them out unless I am having a party for more than 2...
-
My good friend Ellen sent me this recipe and you have to try it. That's Ellen on the right above with some of her family. She was gracio...
-
It's definitely berry season!!!! I am not much of a fruit person, but fresh ripe berries are addictive for me. This recipe, made notabl...
-
Yet another great appetizer for your New Year's party. Great dish for one hand while the other holds the main event - cocktail! Trim ...
-
Hope everyone had a marvelous Thanksgiving. I certainly did! Now begins all of our Christmas Holiday cocktails...yum! This makes a great pre...

0 comments:
Post a Comment