Sunday, March 28, 2010

CAESAR DRESSING


I am so very sorry to my loyal followers that I did not have a new post yesterday. We had a big birthday bash at our house (pictured above) and I got distracted. I Love Love having parties and this one was great. At the party I made my famous Caesar salad dressing and here it is....
Ingredients:
serves about 6 people
6 small heads of romaine lettuce
croutons
4 tbl fresh shaved parmesan cheese
4 cloves garlic
4 egg yolks
2 anchovies
1 tbl dijon mustard
1 cup olive oil
salt
pepper
In a wooden bowl cut a garlic clove in half and season the bowl on the bottom and sides. Make sure every inch and a half is seasoned...the smell is divine anyway. In a blender combine all other ingredients except lettuce, croutons cheese, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste it...I always add some salt but the anchovies are very salty so be careful with that...but I love the pepper......so YOU choose your taste level....
Combine with romaine , shaved cheese and croutons.
If you do not have the wooden bowl to serve in, just blend all ingredients and it will still be wondefulish...
ENJOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts