Tarragon and chicken are a very traditional French combination. Generally it is served with some nice rich potatoes and thin green beans. I like to get just slightly healthier and serve with a nice side of olive oil grilled vegetables....yes my husband prefers the potatoes!!!!
Definitely use chicken cutlets instead of full boneless breasts. If you can't find the cutlets, just slice the breasts horizontally to about 1/2-3/4 inch thick. I also add a bit of Dijon mustard for a little kick.
Ingredients:
3 large chicken cutlets
2 tbl olive oil
1 large shallot minced
2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup dry vermouth
3 tbl cold unsalted butter cut into 8 pieces
salt
fresh ground pepper
Clean chicken and pat dry. Season generously with salt and pepper. In a large saute pan heat olive oil. Cook chicken, flipping once to just barely cooked about 1-2 minutes a side. Transfer it to a plate and keep warm.
If the pan looks dry add another tbl olive oil. Add the shallot and saute until soft, about a minute. Pour in the vermouth and scrape the pans to pick up the bits off the bottom of the pan. Simmer until slightly reduced. Turn heat to low and add butter 2-3 pieces at a time until completely melted. Stir in the tarragon and mustard and season to taste. Add the chicken and any sauce on the plate back to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce. Serve immediately.
This is yet another easy, great twist to CHICKEN!
ENJOY!
Monday, October 11, 2010
TARRAGON CHICKEN CUTLETS
Popular Posts
-
Today, the Mai Tai Tahiti the most popular beverage, and has served in all restaurants and bars. Requires careful selection of the tropical...
-
Well I have had a long day.....locked my keys in the car with the car running....so BLONDE. So today I have to give you all an easy recipe ...
-
All this is very simple. Suffice to do was change the same old same old in Margarita Jello shots . its Work. But as Margarita Jello shot wa...
-
You must consider many issues that may not normally high on the list of concerns when buying clothes in a different way! Here are some simpl...
-
This is a take on the traditional grasshopper cocktail with a twist. So rich and creamy with the creme de menthe and white creme de cacao.....
-
I really like scallops prepared this way..my husband not so much...so I generally order them out unless I am having a party for more than 2...
-
My good friend Ellen sent me this recipe and you have to try it. That's Ellen on the right above with some of her family. She was gracio...
-
It's definitely berry season!!!! I am not much of a fruit person, but fresh ripe berries are addictive for me. This recipe, made notabl...
-
Yet another great appetizer for your New Year's party. Great dish for one hand while the other holds the main event - cocktail! Trim ...
-
Hope everyone had a marvelous Thanksgiving. I certainly did! Now begins all of our Christmas Holiday cocktails...yum! This makes a great pre...

0 comments:
Post a Comment