Wednesday, January 26, 2011

CONCH FRITTERS - SORT OF!


So NO I did not blog yesterday...I had every intention....but I boarded a plane to head south...it was, as my husband and I determined later, the second scariest flight of my life....yes I cried...
I was a bit spent, so blogging was out of the question...we went to a sweet Miami restaurant and had conch fritters and lots and lots of wine....
While for most of us, conch is unavailable...just substitute scallops, shrimp, clams or a mild fish like snapper.
2 lbs seafood of your choice coarsely chopped
1/2 each of green, red and yellow pepper finely chopped
2 shallots finely chopped
1 garlic clove minced
1 celery stalk finely chopped
1/2 tsp red pepper flake
1 tbl fresh Italian parsley
1 tbl dry thyme
1/2 tsp hot sauce (optional)
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
water
canola oil
Mix flour and salt and dredge fish in it. Add the veggie mixture to the flour and fish. Add enough water to create balls with a consistency thick enough to fry. You can adjust with more flour or water. Fry the fritters in canola oil until golden brown. Make a dipping sauce of equal parts mayonnaise and ketchup. To that add to taste chipotle, horseradish and/or bbq sauce.
TO BEING A BETTER FLYER!
ENJOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts