Friday, April 9, 2010

THE BLUE SKY AT YORK BEACH



My family has been visiting York Beach Maine for the last 10 years. My husband and his siblings and parents have been visiting for his entire life (which in years I am not allowed to disclose) and beyond to his grandparents.



During most of that time we have had the opportunity to choose to eat at the taffy joint, the pizza joint, the local tavern and a few breakfast joints unless we wanted to get in the car. To our surprise in November of 2006 a renovation began on an old run down building. While there was talk of an upscale restaurant and hotel...no one quite believed it would get off the ground. To our amazement the restaurant and hotel opened a couple years ago. From the photos you can tell this is a cozy upscale dining room. The chef is a renowned chef from Boston named Lydia Shire. I love Lydia because she shares her Kendall Jackson with me when we are both at the bar!!!!!

The menu has so many wonderful delicacies from the waters of New England; clams, mussels, wonderful fish and an entire section of the menu devoted to lobster including pizza.

I love the lamb pizza, yes I said lamb and the spaghetti carbonara.

The restaurant has been featured in Gourmet Magazine, Bon Appetit, Metropolitan Home, Taste and Portland.

So when you come to visit us we'll all pay a visit...no I didn't say I'd pay for your visit...we will all visit this small town treasure.




Rachel who worked downstairs from the restaurant at the hotel never ate there only drank their LEMON DROPS!!!!!



And a toast to Bernie and Donna!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts