Monday, August 30, 2010

TUNA, ARTICHOKE HEART AND ORZO PASTA

When I find myself cooking for ONE, I consistently go for the can of tuna. Then I look in the pantry and start grabbing other things I can mix with the tuna. I always buy water-packed tuna so I can regulate the oil in the dish. When I make this just for one, I use the whole can of tuna, but cut the other ingredients by half or make the whole thing and save some for the next day.

Ingredients:
1 can water-packed albacore tuna, drained
1 (14 oz) jar of artichoke hearts drained and cut in half
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
1 large shallot finely chopped
1/3 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
1 tbl olive oil
3 tbl creme fraiche or sour cream
3 tbl fresh lemon juice
3 tbl coarsely chopped fresh basil
fesh pepper
salt
9 oz package of orzo pasta


Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile in a saute pan heat oil over medium high heat and add the shallot, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Cook until onion is very soft. Take the pan off the heat and add the vermouth. Put the pan back on the heat and scrape the pan to get all the bits of shallot. Add the artichokes and peppers and stir. Cook until tender about 2-3 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and gently add the tuna.
In a bowl, toss the creme fraiche and lemon juice with the hot orzo. Add the artichoke mixture, 2 tbl of basil and season with salt and pepper. Spoon into bowls and garnish with remaining basil.

As always I use parmesan cheese on top of this dish. So fast!!!
ENJOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts