
As much as I like a good old fashioned baked potato...not so fond of mashed. The best I think are roasted new potatoes with lots of garlic and rosemary. This preparation is so easy and the days of potatoes served only with meat are long gone. I love these with a nice firm fish like swordfish or halibut. This recipe makes about 8 small servings so adjust the recipe if you need.
Ingredients:
3 lbs small red potatoes quartered
5 tablespoons olive oil
7 cloves of garlic unpeeled
3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
3 tbl white wine vinegar
2 tsp dijon mustard
1-1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Combine 1-1/2 tbl olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 tbl rosemary, garlic and potatoes in a roasting pan. Make sure the ingredients are mixed well. Bake at 400 degrees for about an hour and 15 minutes until tender. Stir occasionally during the process. Let them cool about 10 minutes.
Squeeze the garlic cloves to get out all the pulp. Discard the skins. Combine garlic pulp, remaining oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, vinegar and mustard in a large bowl. Add potatoes and toss.
Makes the perfect side dish.
ENJOY!
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
ROASTED NEW POTATOES WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY
Popular Posts
-
Today, the Mai Tai Tahiti the most popular beverage, and has served in all restaurants and bars. Requires careful selection of the tropical...
-
Well I have had a long day.....locked my keys in the car with the car running....so BLONDE. So today I have to give you all an easy recipe ...
-
All this is very simple. Suffice to do was change the same old same old in Margarita Jello shots . its Work. But as Margarita Jello shot wa...
-
You must consider many issues that may not normally high on the list of concerns when buying clothes in a different way! Here are some simpl...
-
This is a take on the traditional grasshopper cocktail with a twist. So rich and creamy with the creme de menthe and white creme de cacao.....
-
I really like scallops prepared this way..my husband not so much...so I generally order them out unless I am having a party for more than 2...
-
My good friend Ellen sent me this recipe and you have to try it. That's Ellen on the right above with some of her family. She was gracio...
-
It's definitely berry season!!!! I am not much of a fruit person, but fresh ripe berries are addictive for me. This recipe, made notabl...
-
Hope everyone had a marvelous Thanksgiving. I certainly did! Now begins all of our Christmas Holiday cocktails...yum! This makes a great pre...
-
Yet another great appetizer for your New Year's party. Great dish for one hand while the other holds the main event - cocktail! Trim ...

0 comments:
Post a Comment