Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Celebrity Guest Blogger Today!

Ok, so I am not a celebrity... but my mom did let me blog today!! ps. this is Rachel :)



Well bad news to all the aspiring cooks out there... I am not as motivated as my mom in the kitchen. So there will be no new recipe to take home to the family today... sorry. What my mother and I do share in common is our love to try new restaurants.



It has almost been a year since I moved back to Portland. My friend Claire had also left Portland for college and since our arrival back in the city of roses we realized there were A TON of things we never explored growing up here. So began our mission to create a bucket list of Portland events, places, and sights that we wanted to accomplish. The list has been fun and we have always been adding and crossing things off as we go. I am here to share with you a recent completed bucket list adventure....



Pine State Biscuits. Located in the Belmont neighborhood in Portland. Breakfast food extraordinaire. The credit for this discovery goes to Claire. It is a tiny hole in the wall breakfast joint with an AMAZING menu. Pine State got it's humble roots as a food cart and food vendor at the Portland Saturday Market...and as business boomed they opened a small shop in Belmont. The food is out of this WORLD good and since has been talked about and reviewed by the likes of Anthony Bourdain and Diners, Drive-In's & Dives Host, Guy Fieri. The place is amazing. Below is what both Claire and I ordered... The Reggie... fried chicken, bacon, cheese, between two flaky biscuits.. then covered in gravy. How's that for healthy? haha well it eats purrdy good :) I suggest if you are ever in the neighborhood stop by Pine State, but get there before 9am...after that the line is out the door and around the corner till close. Enjoy :)





photo courtsey of www.pinestatebiscuits.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts