You know I am not much for dessert, but I do love cheesecake.....I love anything with cheese!!!!! This is very easy, but has to be refrigerated for about 3 hours after cooking so plan ahead. It can certainly be made a day ahead. Add a few fresh raspberries on the side as a garnish.
To lighten it up you can substitute low fat graham crackers and low fat cream cheese for the real thing. Though I always say if you are eating dessert...GO FOR IT!
Ingredients:
CRUST
9 graham crackers
4 tbl unsalted butter (melted)
2 tbl sugar
dash of cinnamon
butter for greasing pan
FILLING
16 oz cream cheese at room temperature
2 eggs
1 large or 2 small lemons zested and juiced
1/2 cup sugar
1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
powdered sugar for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Crust: Grease the bottom of a 9 x 9 pan with butter. Place a piece of parchment paper into the pan and press down at the corners and bottom. Blend the sugar, cinnamon and graham crackers until the texture of bread crumbs. Add melted butter and blend until smooth. Pour into the lined pan and pat down until evenly spread into the pan. Bake 10-12 minutes until golden and remove and set aside.
Filling: Blend cream cheese, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar until smooth. Pour batter onto cooled crust and cover with raspberries.
Bake 35 minutes until center is a bit jiggly. Remove from the oven and completely cool on the counter and then refrigerate for 3 hours. Once set, remove from pan by pulling up the parchment paper and slice into squares. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
This is a beautiful presentation and is an easy "make-ahead" dessert!
ENJOY!
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
RASPBERRY LEMON CHEESECAKE BARS
Popular Posts
-
Well I have had a long day.....locked my keys in the car with the car running....so BLONDE. So today I have to give you all an easy recipe ...
-
Today, the Mai Tai Tahiti the most popular beverage, and has served in all restaurants and bars. Requires careful selection of the tropical...
-
All this is very simple. Suffice to do was change the same old same old in Margarita Jello shots . its Work. But as Margarita Jello shot wa...
-
My good friend Ellen sent me this recipe and you have to try it. That's Ellen on the right above with some of her family. She was gracio...
-
You must consider many issues that may not normally high on the list of concerns when buying clothes in a different way! Here are some simpl...
-
This is a take on the traditional grasshopper cocktail with a twist. So rich and creamy with the creme de menthe and white creme de cacao.....
-
Yet another great appetizer for your New Year's party. Great dish for one hand while the other holds the main event - cocktail! Trim ...
-
It's definitely berry season!!!! I am not much of a fruit person, but fresh ripe berries are addictive for me. This recipe, made notabl...
-
This mouthwatering dish brings out the best flavors of shrimp scampi all stuffed into a big beautiful pasta shell. It may look like they are...
-
I really like scallops prepared this way..my husband not so much...so I generally order them out unless I am having a party for more than 2...

0 comments:
Post a Comment