So, for the next week it is IRISH WEEK!!!! Recipes and cocktails for everything Irish....okay all my Italian friends, "EMBRACE IT"! This recipe is from my good friend, Ellen!!!!! She has been a contributor to the blog every now and then...
Ingredients:
4 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder (not soda)
1 cup sugar
1 cup raisins
1 tbl caraway seeds
pinch of salt
1 - 1-1/2 cups milk
Mix first six ingredients together and add enough milk so it is doughy not stiff. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 325 degrees in a lightly greased cast iron skillet, glass pie plate or 8" cake pan.
She guarantees deliciousness!
ENJOY!
Thursday, March 10, 2011
IRISH WEEK - IRISH SODA BREAD
Popular Posts
-
Today, the Mai Tai Tahiti the most popular beverage, and has served in all restaurants and bars. Requires careful selection of the tropical...
-
Well I have had a long day.....locked my keys in the car with the car running....so BLONDE. So today I have to give you all an easy recipe ...
-
All this is very simple. Suffice to do was change the same old same old in Margarita Jello shots . its Work. But as Margarita Jello shot wa...
-
This is a take on the traditional grasshopper cocktail with a twist. So rich and creamy with the creme de menthe and white creme de cacao.....
-
My good friend Ellen sent me this recipe and you have to try it. That's Ellen on the right above with some of her family. She was gracio...
-
You must consider many issues that may not normally high on the list of concerns when buying clothes in a different way! Here are some simpl...
-
It's definitely berry season!!!! I am not much of a fruit person, but fresh ripe berries are addictive for me. This recipe, made notabl...
-
Yet another great appetizer for your New Year's party. Great dish for one hand while the other holds the main event - cocktail! Trim ...
-
This mouthwatering dish brings out the best flavors of shrimp scampi all stuffed into a big beautiful pasta shell. It may look like they are...
-
I really like scallops prepared this way..my husband not so much...so I generally order them out unless I am having a party for more than 2...

0 comments:
Post a Comment