I love deviled eggs...who doesn't! This recipe combines all the wonderful tastes of deviled eggs but adds a little flair with the nice crunch of the toast. It makes a perfect hors d'oeuvre for any party, not just a brunch.
Ingredients:
1 dozen large eggs (I use organic)
2 tbl white vinegar
1/2 pound sliced white sandwich bread
1 cp mayonnaise
1 tbl yellow or dijon mustard
salt
pepper
paprika for garnish
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
In a large saucepan cover the eggs with water and add the vinegar. Bring to a rapid boil. Cover the pan and remove it from the heat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain and cool under running cold water.
Quarter the bread slices and layer on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for about 6 minutes turning once until browned.
Peel the eggs and halve lengthwise. Coarsely chop half the egg whites and transfer to a bowl. Add the remaining whites and all the yolks in a food processor. Add the mayonnaise and mustard and pulse until smooth. Add this mixture to the chopped egg whites. Season with salt and pepper.
Top each toast point with the egg spread and dust lightly with paprika. Arrange on a platter and serve. You could serve the spread in a bowl surrounded by the toast points and have your guests make their own.
How easy is this....thanks to Katie Lee
ENJOY!
Sunday, August 8, 2010
DEVILED EGG SPREAD
Popular Posts
-
Today, the Mai Tai Tahiti the most popular beverage, and has served in all restaurants and bars. Requires careful selection of the tropical...
-
Well I have had a long day.....locked my keys in the car with the car running....so BLONDE. So today I have to give you all an easy recipe ...
-
All this is very simple. Suffice to do was change the same old same old in Margarita Jello shots . its Work. But as Margarita Jello shot wa...
-
This is a take on the traditional grasshopper cocktail with a twist. So rich and creamy with the creme de menthe and white creme de cacao.....
-
My good friend Ellen sent me this recipe and you have to try it. That's Ellen on the right above with some of her family. She was gracio...
-
You must consider many issues that may not normally high on the list of concerns when buying clothes in a different way! Here are some simpl...
-
It's definitely berry season!!!! I am not much of a fruit person, but fresh ripe berries are addictive for me. This recipe, made notabl...
-
Yet another great appetizer for your New Year's party. Great dish for one hand while the other holds the main event - cocktail! Trim ...
-
This mouthwatering dish brings out the best flavors of shrimp scampi all stuffed into a big beautiful pasta shell. It may look like they are...
-
I really like scallops prepared this way..my husband not so much...so I generally order them out unless I am having a party for more than 2...

0 comments:
Post a Comment